Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starting treatment Wednesday, March 30

This morning, I received calls from the Cancer Center, and I will start treatment tomorrow. Ken and I will go in a little before 8 a.m. for education about chemo, followed by my first chemo treatment, which takes (I think) at least a couple of hours. I will also have my first radiation treatment tomorrow. The plan is that Ken will be with me this first day, and we will return home when we are finished.

Please pray that my body will tolerate the treatment well; that it will kill the cancer cells, but do little other damage; and that I will be able to continue to work during the weeks ahead.

I continue to believe God is in control, and I'm trusting Him for peace and strength, as I start on this path. I really mean as "we" start on this path. I know Ken won't leave my side (metaphorically speaking), and I am so aware of all the love and support my family and friends are sending my way.

Thank you for your prayers!

5 comments:

  1. Grace and Peace to you Sheree - i am not just saying howdy. Shaloam = nothing broken nothing missing - wholeness
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days

    Mark and DeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving me your address to this. We will also keep praying for you! You are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheree - you are on my prayers continually. I pray that your treatment went well yesterday and that you felt wonderful after the procedure. God has your hand in His! What amazing power to overcome all obstacles. Have peace dear friend. It will soon be behind you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheree,
    Hope your day went well. We're praying for you!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete