Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jehovah-Jireh

I'm finally getting around to a post. It's been a good day, from a massage this morning to wonderful cards in the mail to coming back to work. And great news--I have an appointment at Roger Maris Cancer Center (RMCC) for 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. It will be good to finally get started with treatment. I'm meeting with a medical oncologist (who, I am told, studied at Mayo).

I have felt as though I've been on a roller coaster this past 5 weeks, but suddenly this morning I realized how everything is perfectly in place for me to move forward with treatment in a well-informed manner. The doctor I will see tomorrow has everything--from Mayo, from Sioux Falls, and from Sanford in Fargo--that she needs to get me started. I can only stand back in awe as I see how complete my preparation has been and how God has worked in every circumstance.

I am reminded of one day, shortly after I learned I had cancer, when I became so aware of the extent of God's provision. I received two long e-mails that day, from two women/friends who have cancer. One woman told me about her experiences with Mayo, Rochester (even where to stay and how to get around). The other e-mail contained spiritual encouragement. After reading those e-mails, I was struck by how complete God's provision is (Jehovah-Jireh, another name for God, means "God our Provider"). That day--and the days following, in so many ways--He provided me with practical, physical information as well as spiritual help and encouragement and, of course, much love and concern expressed by those closest to me. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.
And my God will meet all your needs
according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 
                                                    Philippians 4:19
I received several wonderful cards today--my favorite, of course, is the picture and message from my 8-year old granddaughter, Ellie. I think I'm going to have to frame it; it's so colorful and encouraging (love those ruby slippers!).  Another card says,
"From one daughter of the King to another . . .
I'm talking to our Father about you.

He says He'll take care of everything."
After reading that card, I told Ken this morning I was feeling like a spoiled princess, so abundantly blessed. I live in a country where I am able to receive the best medical care in the world, and I have a fantastic support system--my husband, children, grandchildren, sisters (five terrific sisters!), a brother, parents and other family members, church friends/family, BSF group members, co-workers, and the list goes on. As if that's not enough, I have nothing to fear, since whatever happens to me has already passed through my Father's hands.

Thanks to everyone and thanks to God for EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

  1. One day we will probably be there together! I was there at 10:00. Sounds like finally all the pieces are coming together and you know what's ahead. Praise God. Getting the knowledge and treatment plan you are comfortable with gives one a sign or relief. Now we sit back and hold God's hand and we'll be walked through, with more understanding and knowledge to share our blessings with others. I thank God for your openness and willing to share with us. You empower each of us with your faith. Anxious to hear of your treatment plan, for how many weeks, what chemo you will be on, radiation, surgery, etc. Hugs and prayers.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete