Monday, May 2, 2011

Update on Treatment

I had a difficult weekend, but feel better today. Slept a lot this weekend (sleep is precious and restorative--I am grateful). I still don't have an appetite--have lost around 15 pounds, which is probably a good thing, but I need to eat, I know.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is my last day of the daily external radiation and my last day of chemo! Then I will have 4 treatments of internal radiation over two weeks, starting May 9.

May 19 will be my last treatment! Only 17 days away. Praise God.

I am so grateful for all the people who He has led to pray for me and to support me during this time. Some physical comforts have been welcome, as well.
...Candy, my sister who lives in Idaho, sent me a very large, very beautiful multi-colored quilt that I have had on my bed at Erik's apartment ever since I started spending my weeks in Fargo. I am convinced that that quilt is why I have slept so well there.
...And for Christmas, Dawn, another sister, sent me a lovely, warm throw with a verse from Matthew on it: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow." I remember asking Ken to read it to me one day when I was feeling so sick and he was covering me up with it..so encouraging and so nice to wrap up in it.
...Of course, I can't forget my Nurse Minnie that Ken bought me. She has come to chemo treatments with me every time (the nurses love her).
...And baskets from my friends at Bible study, dropped off for me at the hospital for those long chemo afternoons. The visits from Erik, Lisa, and once even Sophia were welcome, too.
...And all the meals from women at our church have been wonderful. Not a weekend has gone by without meals being dropped off. Ken has been eating well, despite my lack of interest in food. It's been great not to have to think about meals.
...Can't forget letters from Ellie--those have come at just the right times and never cease to make me smile and bring me deep joy. The pictures Candy sent me last week of some of us when we were little--brother and sisters--also made me smile (and, I admit, cry just a little).
...A bracelet and lovely card from Bev last week. And so many, many cards and well wishes. They have not stopped coming.
...Lisa made me a "mom" scrapbook page that beautifully expresses her love for me.
...and talk about physical comforts, it's a great blessing to have Ken near me and walking through this cloud with me. God is good!

So many blessings..so grateful..again, I say, God is good. I am overwhelmed..

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for your final chemo today (yay!), and for God to completely heal you and restore you through the rest of the radiation treatments...and beyond! Grace and peace in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete