Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Treatment Update

Update on my treatment plan: I just had my third high dose radiation on Monday. It was a long day, but everything went very well again. Erik stopped by for a couple of hours; it was nice to have him and Ken there, keeping me company when possible. They managed to play a game of Scrabble on my Kindle, so that helped pass the time.

Dr. Bier, my radiology oncologist, has decided to have me come in for one extra HDR treatment--five instead of four. My fourth one will be tomorrow--Thursday--and the last one will be next Tuesday.

I am going to work today..will try to get a full day in. I'm afraid I'm getting used to a nap in the afternoon. Seems I get tired easily. But I'm going to try it and trust God to give me strength.

And it is good for me to remember from where my strength comes.
   This is what the Sovereign
LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
In repentance and rest is your
       salvation,
  in quietness and trust is your
        strength, . . .(Isaiah 30:15)
Repentance and rest, quietness and trust--that is where I need to look for my strength. These are inner pursuits, inner states of being, not external striving or worldly accomplishments. May God help me today to keep my focus on Him and trust him to guide me as I draw strength from Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment