Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I had a wonderful Easter weekend with my family. All five of my children were home, and all but three of the grandkids were here. Church was wonderful (especially with so many of my family members there--what a blessing!).

And I received a special gift from the Lord (all good gifts are from above, right?). My doctor postponed my Friday chemo until Monday (tomorrow morning), so I felt very close to normal all weekend. First time I have had an appetite for more than a week! It was wonderful (even though I think I overdid it a little). We played a game of baseball (well, actually wiffle ball works better for our family--that way there is a little less chance of windows being broken or having the ball hit into the next town : ) We had our traditional Easter egg hunt with clues for the grandkids.

Everything was wonderful--and, with all my heart, I thank my family for this weekend and I thank all those who have been praying and continue to pray for me. I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend. I feel strengthened for the week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great weekend! You looked great on Sunday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you were able to enjoy Easter weekend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete